Planica, Slovenia, is the place for this winter season’s World Championships. The Opening Ceremony will be held on February 21, with ten competitions in 12 days and the last race being the men’s cross-country skiing 50km mass start race on March 5, 2023.
In a press release, the Swedish Ski Association has named their cross-country skiers for the upcoming World Championships. In December, Sweden named the first athletes for the Swedish National Team.
Today, Sweden presented the complete National Team for the World Championships in Planica, naming the last five cross-country skiers, in a total of 15 athletes.
On the women’s side, Sweden presented eight skiers. On the men’s side, seven athletes are confirmed for the Scandinavian country.
According to the press release, “after a really good weekend in France with several victories and podium places for Sweden on both the women’s and men’s side, we are now ready with the World Championships team for Planica,” says the National Team Manager Anders Byström.
The first selection was presented before Christmas, and the team is now complete with five new names: Linn Svahn, Johan Häggström, Marcus Grate, Eric Rosjö, and Jens Burman.
Read More: Sweden’s Team For The World Championships
“The last places are always difficult to choose, but we believe that with a good base from the competitions that we had, we could choose a team that will fight at the top at the World Championships,” says Byström and continues:
“Now we enter the World Championships bubble, which means that the WC Team starts with competitions in Toblach next weekend and then goes directly to pre-camp in Livigno and Toblach, respectively. An option at high altitude for those who wish it and one at medium altitude with a short trip to Planica,” concludes Anders Byström.
Here is the Swedish Team for the 2023 World Championships
- Ebba Andersson
- Maja Dahlqvist
- Johanna Hagström
- Moa Ilar
- Frida Karlsson
- Emma Ribom
- Jonna Sundling
- Linn Svahn
- Edvin Anger
- Jens Burman
- Marcus Grate
- Calle Halfvarsson
- Johan Häggström
- William Poromaa
- Eric Rosjö
See below the complete program for the World Championships in Planica, Slovenia.
FACTS Planica World Championships Season 2022/2023
- When: Tuesday, February 21 to Sunday, March 5, 2023
- Who: Elite national skiers
- Where: Planica, Slovenia
- What: FIS Cross-Country World Championships in Planica, Slovenia
Planica 2023 – Cross-Country Skiing Complete Program
February 21, Tuesday
- 20:23 Opening Ceremony, Planica Nordic Park Kranjska Gora
February 22, Wednesday
- 12:00 Women’s Qualification race, 5km freestyle
- 13:30 Men’s Qualification race, 10km freestyle
February 23, Thursday
- 12:00 Women/Men Sprint qualification, classic
- 14:30 Women/Men Sprint finals, classic
February 24, Friday
- 15:30 Men’s Skiathlon, 15/15km
February 25, Saturday
- 14:00 Women’s Skiathlon, 7.5km/7.5km
February 26, Sunday
- 11:30 Women/Men Team Sprint qualification, freestyle
- 13:30 Women/Men Team Sprint finals, freestyle
February 27, Monday
February 28, Tuesday
- 12:30 Women’s Individual, 10km freestyle
March 1, Wednesday
- 12:30 Men’s Individual, 15km freestyle
March 2, Thursday
- 12:30 Women’s Relay, 4x5km classic/freestyle
March 3, Friday
- 12:30 Men’s Relay, 4x10km classic/freestyle
March 4, Saturday
- 12:00 Women’s Mass Start, 30km classic
March 5, Sunday
- 12:00 Men’s Mass Start, 50km classic
- After the competition – Medal and Closing Ceremony
Read More: 2023 World Championships Program Is Ready