Kerttu Niskanen, from Finland, took home first place today at the Falun World Cup with a total time of 27:08.5. Katharina Hennig, from Germany, finished in second place, 15.9 seconds behind the winner.
Anne Kjersti Kalvå, from Norway, completed the podium in third place, 22.3 seconds back.
Jessie Diggins, from the USA, and Jonna Sundling, from Sweden, round out the top 5 by finishing 4th and 5th, respectively.
Top 10, 10km Individual C, Women
- Kerttu Niskanen (FIN), 27:08.5
- Katharina Hennig (GER), +15.9
- Anne Kjersti Kalvå (NOR), +22.3
- Jessie Diggins (USA), +31.6
- Jonna Sundling (SWE), +36.3
- Rosie Brennan (USA), +44.5
- Heidi Weng (NOR), +45.0
- Moa Ilar (SWE), +48.7
- Katerina Razymova (CZE), +49.2
- Tiril Udnes Weng (NOR), +56.0
Updates in progress.
The sprint in freestyle technique on Saturday is the next event for the cross-country skiers at the Falun World Cup.
See below the complete program with facts, start lists, and results for the World Cup in Falun.
FACTS Falun World Cup Season 2022/2023
- When: Friday, March 17, to Sunday, March 19
- Who: Elite national skiers
- Where: Falun, Sweden
- What: FIS Cross-Country World Cup in Falun, Sweden
Friday, March 17: 10km Individual Classic (Find more details here)
- 12:00 CET: 10km Individual C, Women
- 13:45 CET: 10km Individual C, Men
Saturday, March 18: Sprint Freestyle (Find more details here)
- 10:50 CET: Sprint Quali F, Men
- 10:50 CET: Sprint Quali F, Women
- 13:20 CET: Sprint Final F, Men
- 13:20 CET: Sprint Final F, Women
Sunday, March 19: 4x5km Mixed Relay C/F (Find more details here)
- 11:15 CET: 4x5km Relay C/F, Mixed Team
New this season is the same race distances for women and men in all World Cup events, as the International Ski & Snowboard Federation (FIS) decided in May. Several other changes have also been introduced to the World Cup.
Read More: Cross-Country Skiing Changes And World Cup Calendar For The 2022/2023 Season
Also Read: New Distances At The Cross-Country Skiing World Cup