Nadine Fähndrich took home first place today at the Beitostølen World Cup. Lotta Udnes Weng, from Norway, snagged second place, 0.93 seconds behind.
Johanna Matintalo, from Finland, completed the podium in third place, 1.42 seconds behind the winner.
Updates in progress
Top 5, Sprint C, Women
- Nadine Fähndrich (SUI), 2:57.31
- Lotta Udnes Weng (NOR), +0.93
- Johanna Matintalo (FIN), +1.42
- Tiril Udnes Weng (NOR), +3.27
- Kristine Stavås Skistad (NOR), +7.98
The 10km individual start race in classic technique on Saturday, for both women and men, is the next event for the cross-country skiers at the Beitostølen World Cup.
See below the complete program with facts, start lists, and results for the Beitostølen World Cup.
FACTS Beitostølen World Cup Season 2022/2023
- When: Friday, December 9 to Sunday, December 11
- Who: Elite national skiers
- Where: Beitostølen, Norway
- What: FIS Cross-Country World Cup in Beitostølen, Norway
Friday, December 9: Sprint C (Find more details here)
- 9:30 CET: Sprint Qualification C, men
- 9:30 CET: Sprint Qualification C, women
- 12:00 CET: Sprint Final C, men
- 12:00 CET: Sprint Final C, women
Saturday, December 10: 10km Individual Start C (Find more details here)
- 10:00 CET: 10km Individual Start C, women
- 12:15 CET: 10km Individual Start C, men
Sunday, December 11: 4×5 Mixed Relay C/F (Find more details here)
- 13:00 CET: 4x5km Mixed Relay C/F
New this season is the same race distances for women and men in all World Cup events, as the International Ski & Snowboard Federation (FIS) decided in May. Several other changes have also been introduced to the World Cup.
The World Cup continues this weekend in Beitostølen, Norway. On the program, there is a sprint in classic technique on Friday, a 10km individual race in classic technique on Saturday, and a mixed relay on Sunday.
Read More: Cross-Country Skiing Changes And World Cup Calendar For The 2022/2023 Season
Also Read: New Distances At The Cross-Country Skiing World Cup